Listen to our most recent episodes here, or choose your favorite podcast platform above for full access to all of our episodes:
Ep48 | Blazing New Trails and Staying Grounded: Words of Wisdom from Neurosurgeon Dr. Boockvar of Netflix's "Lenox Hill" – Medicus
Dr. John Boockvar is a neurosurgeon and Vice Chair of the Department of Neurosurgery at Lenox Hill Hospital in NY, which is featured in a Netflix-original docuseries called “Lenox Hill” (released June 2020). He is also a professor of neurosurgery and otolaryngology at the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. He has an extensive list of awards, lectures, papers, and research accomplishments. Currently, he is a co-principal investigator of ongoing clinical trials testing a new delivery method of targeted drug treatment for common types of brain cancer. Prior to joining the Northwell in 2014, Dr. Boockvar was a professor of neurosurgery and neuroscience, the co-director of the brain and spine tumor program at the Weill Cornell Medical College, and a neurosurgeon at New York Presbyterian Hospital. In 2014, the Feinstein Institute opened a research center, of which Dr. Boockvar is the co-director. In this role, he heads the neuro-oncology research program. The Feinstein Institute focuses on helping startup companies test ideas to treat or diagnose brain tumors. He has also conducted basic research to study cancer stem cells in the context of brain tumors, as well as methods using neural stem cells to treat brain disorders. Dr. Boockvar is passionately committed to offering patients proven and better therapy. Episode produced by: Emily Hagen, Rasa Valiauga http://www.medicuspodcast.com | firstname.lastname@example.org | Donate: http://bit.ly/MedicusDonate
- Ep48 | Blazing New Trails and Staying Grounded: Words of Wisdom from Neurosurgeon Dr. Boockvar of Netflix's "Lenox Hill"
- Ep47 | Dismantling Racism Utilizing the Power of the White Coat: White Coats for Black Lives
- Ep46 | Non-traditional path to medicine: From PhD to Dr. Dr.
- Ep45 | Tackling Physician Suicide, In Loving Memory of Nicole Marie Walls
- Ep44 | What’s it like to be a traveling doctor? – Locum Tenens with Dr. Carrie Reynolds